Because it’s Valentine’s day soon I decided to post a DIY today with a Valentine theme. I’m going to show you how to do this simple clutch (I am not actually making the clutch but I am decorating it by writing on it) and to give an extra Valentine’s day vibe I’m also making a key chain.
First I’ll show you how I made the clutch so you are only going to need these four things below (the white clutch I found second hand and if you want to paint on a darker clutch that is fine as well as long as the paint is visible obviously, gold or silver on a black clutch would be gorgeous for example.) I am not sure why my brush is bent by the way.. It’s a mystery.
1. The first step is to decide what to write and how to write it, try out different things on a piece of paper and when you’re happy with it the painting can begin. I decided to write Love because it’s for Valentine’s day and also because I love love, I also added a heart using red paint (I ended up choosing a slightly darker and cooler shade of red than the one above.) And while the paint is getting dry we can move on to the key chain.
These are the things you’ll need (you will also need pliers for the jump ring and a pin)
1. Start by drawing a heart on the piece of paper in the size and shape you want.
2. Then when you’re done cut out the heart with scissors.
3. Then take your fabric and fold it in half so that it looks like in picture below.
4. Pin the paper heart to the fabric and start cutting.
5. Now you should have two pieces of fabric hearts.
6. Use a thicker thread and needle and start sewing along the edge of the heart but not all the way around just yet.
7. Stuff the heart with cotton and then finish sewing.
8. Take some more thread and make a loop at the top of the heart (I hid the ends in side the heart) and then add the jump ring to the loop and the key chain ring.
Now all you need to do is add the key chain to your clutch and you’re finished!
#fashionpsychic #love #clutch #red #black